Monday, October 16, 2023

Day #14 - The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge - Reminder



I can't believe that we're on Day #14 of our remembrance challenge for our dear friend Janis. The time is flying by, and all of you are making this such a special, memory filled event. 

As you know we're very lucky to have Lost Coast Design as one of our returning Sponsor Family. A big thankyou to LCD owner Linda for this. 

For some added fun for the next two weeks, Gail and the LCD team, are linking to our challenge with a CAT THEMED challenge of their own for Challenge #176.


They want to see stamping and cats on your project, 
but prefer not to have digis entered.

They also have some fab prizes, so please go take a look!

😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸😸

When I run my usual Christmas Kickstart Challenges I always have a mid-challenge reminder post. I thought I'd do the same again and also share a card I've created for the challenge. 


There are so many fun, witty cards in the Linky Gallery, and I do love a bit of storytelling, so I was inspired to create a little story of my own using the gorgeous set of Jane's Doodles Stamps that Mandy and I shared in this post

There's been so much happening in this challenge thus far, so let's have a little recap...

On Day #1 - We kicked off our memorial challenge. This is where you can find both the Linky Gallery and the Sign-in info.

Day #2 - This post was all about creating a quiet space, (a 'Peaceful Garden' perhaps?) where we could visit and remember our dear friend Janis. Your comments about Janis are so moving - thank you for opening your hearts and sharing your thoughts and memories.

The next few posts were devoted to welcoming our fabulous Sponsor Family, and sharing the details of the amazing prizes they are offering. 

Day #3 - I was so happy to sign post the way to Fiki's fun challenge blog SUYP. She's kept this challenge going in memory of her friend Ike/Sue. Don't foprget you can enter your cards at Fiki's challenge as well as here at The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. 

On Day #4 - We played Game #1 Kitty Roll CallIf you've not joined the fun for this game please,  go take a look. There are some beautiful stories of our cats past and present recorded here.

Day #5 - this was where we celebrated WCMD together.

On Day #7 - we played Feline Felonies and shared the Festive antics of our furry friends. I loved reading about your furry felons - so many Christmas catastrophes. 

Day #8 - This is the day Gail launched her fabulous Tic-Tac-Toe featuring some of Janis's beautiful Christmas cards as inspiration foe her challenge within a challenge. 

Day #9 Saw the start of one of my personal favourites: Game #3 - Name the Kitty. You guys have made me laugh so much with your fun and inventive names for our little white mascot. And I made a new friend called Cat who runs a fun challenge called Crazy for Cats and is dedicating her current challenge to Ike and Janis. Your cards can also be linked at Cat's challenge here!

Day #10 - Kitty shared her excellent, brain-teasing Word Search. I've already had a go, but just cannot find ELF! 

On Day #12 Kat Skrappiness joined the fun, and we continued to showcase other members of our Sponsor Family.

Throughout the whole challenge our Helpful Hoppers and our Elfin Nomad Gail have commented, organised, shared their fabulous cards and been behind the scenes cheerleaders! Thank you so much guys, I know it sounds like a cliche to say I couldn't be doing this without you, but it's true. 

There's plenty more to come during the second half of October, so please stay with us as we celebrate and remember our friend Janis together during two more weeks of crafting and cat-related fun. 

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱


Here's another beautiful cat from the Rescue where I volunteer.

Can you believe that beautiful Lucky still hasn't found her forever home?
Thankfully, she's currently safe, happy and settled with long term fosters.
I hope it happens very soon for this special girl.


Are you an Instagrammer? 

Thanks to our friend Leslie from Love to Scrap2 

you can link your cards here:

#2023catloverschristmaschallenge



If you've just arrived you're joining the fun on Day #14 of The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge. Please head here for the sign-in and the LINKY PARTY.  


Here's the LINKY GALLERY in all it's glory!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


13 comments:

  1. Keep looking, Jo, you will find ELF! What a great recap of everything that's been going on so far! I am enjoying all of the inspiration, and I see more above with your gorgeous card! I still need to catch up on thanking the sponsors, but I am so excited that your linky already has over 90 link-ups, I believe it was 93 that I just commented on, it's so exciting to see how well things are going! Awesome job, Jo! I hope Lucky will be chosen soon - she is so beautiful! I wish I could adopt all the kitties, I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your card! You've made a comic strip out of the images. Funny! It's hard to believe it's Day 14. I've been enjoying commenting on the cards in the Linky. So many cute ideas. Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recap, Jo and I love your trio of polaroids! The first two remind me of a friend who could never get the subjects in the frame correctly! Awww - sweet Lucky looks just like my Licorice who passed away 40 years ago. Hope she finds a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how fun that card is!
    oh that cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous to have a recap Jo! Loving your card - it does look like three polaroids of two very best friends! The yellow and red pop so well! I'm absolutely loving seeing photos and little stories of your rescue shelter's kitties - please keep that coming. I had to do a double-take because I thought I was looking at my Yassi! Lucky is lucky indeed, hopefully her people will come forward very soon. I've enjoyed this month so much so far that I've been around and commented on just about everyone's cards (the ones I can) - its been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun card you made as reminder! It makes me smile! Cats are so clever, isn't it? :D Thanks for the recap, so useful! Hope that Lucky will find a home soon! Her name doesn't help her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And sadly, I dont have instagram, so cant comment (sorry in advance)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky is a pretty kitty! Hope she finds the perfect home!
    I am enjoying looking at all the gorgeous kitty Christmas cards!
    Your card with the dogs and kitties is so cute!
    Can't believe it is already day fourteen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful card and a gorgeous Tuxedo cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe The first photo is probably one I'd take (if you ask the hubby! lol). Such a darling card, Jo. And I love slimline cards. I need to make more of them! Pawsome recap of events - you're making Janis so very proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so much fun and I thank everyone who makes this possible!!! I don't manage to be here every day, but I make up for it on the other days.
    Your card is so funny, I actually laughed out loud!!!! Hugs Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome recap of this fun-filled event! And I absolutely LOVE your card, Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts