Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #27 - Penguin Parade



Hi there card friends, did you all have a good Christmas? Things were fairly quiet chez moi, but still very pleasant AND there were a few crafty goodies from Santa which I am sooooooo excited to play with.

Before we get to the challenge, I need to let you know I'm making a few temporary changes here at Christmas Kickstart. Until July the challenges will be going monthly, launching on the first Tuesday of each month. I know this possibly reduces the potential number of cards (don't forget you can enter three per challenge), but I need a little time to concentrate on other areas of my life. I know you guys will all understand this, and I hope you'll continue to play as it's your participation that keeps the fun rolling along. I'll be cranking things up again come July when we'll be back to fortnightly challenges again!

So, it's time to begin making our Christmas cards for 2020! I'm delighted to be joined once again by the lovely Gail from Crafty Nomad. As you can see, Gail, just loves to wear her elf hat!


Our theme for this challenge is:
Challenge #27 - Penguin Parade

Here's what Gail created for this theme! I wish I had eyelashes like that penguin. You can find all the details of Gail's make by visiting her blog here.


Here's my little slice of penguin fun! 


You can find the details on my blog here. 


Rudolph's back after a busy time guiding Santa's sleigh and he's offering a gorgeous (and very appropriate) prize for this his Random Raffle draw:


So as santa heads off for a well earned rest, Gail and I very much hope you'll come and join us for the first pre-Christmas 2020 Challenge. 


Challenge Rules and Guidelines: 

  • Like and/or follow this blog either via Blogger or Bloglovin, or Email. 
  • Add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery or blog to the Linky tool
  • Please mention and link back to this post/blog to let people know about this fun challenge!
  • I'd appreciate cards made especially for this challenge, but I understand that we all love challenges and the additional traffic they bring, so please link a card that fits NO MORE THAN 8 CHALLENGES including this. 
  • New Challenges will commence on the first Tuesday of each new month, until July 2020 when we'll revert to fortnightly challenges
  • Please enter a max of 3 cards per challenge.
  • Preferably no back linking to older projects, please.
  • Please remember to reference a fellow crafter's creations if your card has been inspired by their work.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. I look so cool!!!! Love that hat. Thanks for having me elf again Jo. Looking forward to seeing the penguin parade. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered this challenge - I shall be creating and uploading - thanks for the inspiration and the challenge - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge - I love penguins! Your card is adorable and so is Gail's! I think your temporary change is awesome - that gives me more time to join in! I just linked up my first card! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a month works great for me & we certainly understand there's more to life! Penguins aren't in my stash, but I'll be playing soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have many penguins in my stash, but was pleasantly surprised to find several options in there. Fun theme to start the year off. Love your sweet card, Jo, with the line of the penguins frolicking about. Good move to making this challenge monthly for the time being. We all need time to renew and refresh!

    Welcome back to Gail, looking all mischievous in her elf hat. Bwahahah!! It's always great to see her smiling face and the fun cards that she shares. The look on the penguin's face in her card cracks me up. lol.. Not sure if it has eaten something bad or is trying not to laugh. :D

    Thank you for another fun challenge theme, Jo. Congratulations on completing a fabulous first year of Christmas Kickstart. You have made it into such a friendly place for us to meet up with old crafty friends and get acquainted with new ones, all the while being inspired to get our Christmas card stash built up. Many thanks and Happy New Year!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great theme to start the year off Jo.

    Loving the fun cards from yourself and Gail.

    Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all the best for 2020!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I have brought my tribe along. They got chucked out of the cinema for making too much noise watching Happy Feet! hugs ValeryAnne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. Lovely cards. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turns out I have quite a few penguins in my stash so it was time to dust them off and get stamping! I even inked up a new stamp set for this challenge..lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo, I hadn't even noticed that you used the Penguin agenda set until after I'd made my card..how fun! I have a bunch of these guys stamped out and ready to color throughout the year. Love that it's not just Christmas poses in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo - I'm back with a second penguin card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love seeing penguins, real or on cards, so this was a fun challenge for me. Thanks for keeping me on track with my cardmaking all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It took me a while ...and finally I made two! ;)
    Thanks girls, for this super fun challenge and your great inspirations! Rosi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts