Thursday, June 15, 2023

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #75 - Reminder


For the whole of June we are in the very capable hands of elf Arlene as we play 

Arlene has made a second card for our challenge - isn't it lovely? What a great way to play our theme to create a snowglobe card. Thanks so much, Arlene. 



As her first make for our challenge Arlene created this brilliant easel card to inspire us. 

I love that Arlene used a Cardinal on her card - which just shouts Christmas in Northern America to me. Did you know that the Cardinal is the official state bird of no fewer than seven eastern states? Amazing. 

I live in the UK and we're not blessed with Cardinals in this country, so I've chosen a small songbird that graces my garden. I love robins and am always delighted whenever they visit our garden during the year, but especially so at Christmas time. 


I used MFT Winter Songbird and Winter Wreath, paired with some lovely Dovecraft paper and a 'Hello' die cut from my crafting buddy, Linda W. 

I took inspiration from Arlene's circular centre-piece and partial wreath for my card shape.

Using this paper dragged me away from my usual Christmas colour combos, and I've quite surprised myself by liking the end result!

Here's a little reminder of Rudolph's Random Raffle Prize for this challenge - it's a sweet little A6 paper pad, which makes it perfect for standard sized greetings cards.

 


Arlene and I hope you'll come over to Christmas Kickstart and play along with this fun challenge

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts