Is it just me, or was that the longest January ever???
Well, thank goodness it's February now and that can only mean it's time for a new challenge. I'm delighted to welcome a new elf: it's my lovely Card Chain Challenge buddy Arlene M. from A Bit of This and That!
"I never crafted until my sons were 8, 10 and 12. I found ceramics and with a neighbor, purchased green ware, painted, baked in my kiln and marketed on a local scale, all sorts of unique ceramics. Our Baby Grand Pianos were among my winners. Lots of dust and downward swing in the economy lowered my interest in this activity. I tried a craft that took up less space, beading. That is still interesting, but not as much as creating paper projects, especially cards and my oldest stamp is dated 1995. It was an off and on love affair, but finally became a full fledged passion. There is a saying among card makers, “There is never enough paper”. I am now saying “NO” to paper because it’s taking over my linen closet too. Enough paper for now… well, down to allowing only one paper purchase a month."
Our theme for this month, chosen by Arlene, is
Challenge #47 - Slimline Cards
Here's what Arlene's created:
What a fun card and I love how that sweet image perfectly fits the card size. You can see all the details about how Arlene made her card by visiting her blog.
This is what I made for my very first proper attempt at slimline. You can find all the details on my blog.
Here's Rudolph with his Random Raffle Prize for this month.
Arlene and I both hope you'll come and join the fun with this new challenge, which is bang on trend.
Challenge Rules and Guidelines:
- Like and/or follow this blog either via Blogger or Bloglovin, or Email.
- Please mention and link back to this post/blog to let people know about this fun challenge!
- I'd appreciate cards made especially for this challenge, but I understand that we all love challenges and the additional traffic they bring, so please link a card that fits NO MORE THAN 8 CHALLENGES including this.
- New Challenges will commence on the first Tuesday of each new month.
- Please enter a max of 3 cards per challenge.
- Preferably no back linking to older projects, please.
- Please remember to reference a fellow crafter's creations if your card has been inspired by their work.