Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #16 - Christmas Card/Christmas Card: Christmas Tree


Welcome card fans, it's time for another fun challenge here at The Christmas Kickstart and just look who has agreed to come on board as our elf for this challenge... Yes, it's the lovely Darnell, queen of the Twofer and NBUS Challenges!

Hi Darnell, it's great to have you here!


"I have been stamping and making cards since 2002. I enjoy every minute spent in my Playhouse making cards and making friends through my personal blog djkardkreations and my challenge blog, Twofer Card ChallengeI have a very tolerant Mister who supports my hobby and an imaginary hamster who keeps me in line.This is a wonderful, artistic, and giving community and I'm blessed to be a part of it. I'm delighted to be joining Jo as her elf for this Christmas Kickstart/Twofer Inspired fun!"

I'm thrilled to have Darnell here for this fortnight and we've had a great time emailing back and forth and pulling together the ideas for this challenge. We decided it would be fun if everyone made 'Twofer' cards for this challenge using the prompt CHRISTMAS TREE.


Challenge #16 - Christmas Card. Christmas Card. 
Theme - Christmas Tree.

To make your card a 'Twofer', you should create two different design layouts when making your cards. As an example of preparing two different designs for your cards, Darnell and I have each prepared our Twofer Christmas Tree cards to inspire you:




You can find out all the details of how Darnell made her gorgeous cards by heading over to her blog.

My cards for this challenge use the same Hero Arts Christmas Tree stamp, but in very different ways.



As always, Rudolph is here with a Random Raffle Prize and for this challenge he's got a little help from Darnell's sidekick Hammy! They seem to be getting on famously.


Rudolph has chosen a gorgeous stamp set from Darkroom door as the prize for this challenge. Let's be honest, he's gonna have to wrestle this one from my grasp as it's a beauty!



Please come and play along with Darnell and I. We're very much looking forward to seeing your Christmas Card. Christmas Card - Christmas Tree cards using two different designs! You don't need to take one photo of both your cards together for the gallery, but you can if you wish. 


Challenge Rules and Guidelines: 

  • Like and/or follow this blog either via Blogger or Bloglovin, or Email. 
  • Add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery or blog to the Linky tool
  • Please mention and link back to this post/blog to let people know about this fun challenge!
  • I'd appreciate cards made especially for this challenge, but I understand that we all love challenges and the additional traffic they bring, so please link a card that fits NO MORE THAN 8 CHALLENGES including this. 
  • New Challenges will commence fortnightly on a Tuesday. 
  • Please enter a max of 3 cards per challenge.
  • Preferably no back linking to older projects, please.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Wow. It is hard to believe that is the stamp on your cards Dotty. Lovely cards from Darnell too. This seems a fun theme so I hope to have time to join in this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut it a bit fine but managed to link up with just under an hour to spare!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful idea for the theme & great inspiration from both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hammy and I are delighted to be playing with you and Rudolph for this challenge, Jo! Thank you for the honor and the FUN!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Darnell, as the new Elf for this fortnight. Your cards are just spectacular!!! Love the dramatic black and white. Just gorgeous.
    Jo, I love the ways you used your beautiful tree stamp. Fabulous coloring on your woodland scene!!
    Twofer challenges intimidate me something terrible for some reason. I know, I'm weird. I make multiples of my cards frequently by changing out the colors and embellies, but not the basic design. This will indeed be a challenge!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Managed to add my link after a false start!! Great idea to have a 'twofer', means two more cards to add to the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab to see Darnell here! I'm playing for the first time, referred by Dawn from Dawn's World. Such a fun challenge - thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you "elfing" alongside the lovely Jo, Darnell.

    Beautiful inspiration cards from both of you.

    Thank you for boosting my Christmas card stock by two!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can;t believe I missed this!!! SMH

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts