Saturday, October 15, 2022

Reminder Post for Challenge #67

Hi there, it is just me or is Reminder Post time coming round a little quicker the nearer we get to Christmas?

This month we have a fabulous guest and a fabulous theme as we play...


in the company of the lovely Janet from Swanlady - Impressions.

Janet created a gorgeous card to kickstart our challenge, which you can see by clicking here. Not only did Janet create one card for this challenge, she created a whole gaggle of cards and here they all are looking glorious!


For my inspired by card I hunted through my stash and found a Woodware Poinsettia background to work with. Janet's cards are beautifully CAS and I love how she has so much white space on each design. I 'borrowed' Janet's black sentiment on a white space and die cut the background to create a window. However, the card just didn't look right until I stamp and coloured a second background and cut two poinsettia to soften the centre of the card. Again, I was inspired to do this because of the dimension Janet had achieved with her cards. 


This is so different to my usual style but I enjoyed the challenge of working with a stamp set that wouldn't have otherwise seen the light of day. 

There are currently twenty-three amazing cards in the gallery. If you haven't got a poinsettia stamp then any Christmas florals will be just fine and Janet and I look forward to seeing yet more beautiful flowery creations before the challenge closes at the end of the month.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to be an elf Jo! Certainly helped to get my Christmas cards going.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts