Friday, July 16, 2021

Reminder Time for Challenge #52


It's reminder time here at Christmas Kickstart as we've reached the middle of the month.

Our elf for July is my brilliant crafting bud, Gail from Crafty Nomad, and we're playing:

Challenge #52 - Woolly or Fluffy or Furry!

Here's another chance to see Gail's card.


You can find all the details for this mini-masterpiece by visiting her blog.

Here's my inspired by card. I was so taken by Gail's use of green. My original plan was to copy the kitty and tree, but it just didn't work as a design as the tree dominated the whole card and looked really dull. I started again, added a second kitten and 'bingo', I liked the design. The green bulb from Gail's card appears in my card too!


I really wanted to try my hand at Gail's green background. Gail used green Archival Ink, but I had to opt for Distress Ink instead. In all honesty, it looks nowhere near as good as Gail's base layer, but I quite like how it turned out. I used linen card and the inking really accentuated the linen weave. I just wish I'd managed to find a more festive green ink in my stash.

Rudolph has done us proud with his Random Raffle prize!


July is a great time to start your Christmas cards, so we very much hope you'll come and play along!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular Posts