"I've been a crafter since I was a toddler - my grandma taught me to crochet and embroider before I even started school. My childhood bookshelves groaned with favourites like "Dean's Bumper Book of Things to Make" and "What Shall I Do With This?" (I wish I had copies of those now) and my favourite pages of the Rupert annuals were the origami instructions. In my teens and twenties my interests moved towards knitting, crochet and dressmaking, mostly as a way of getting individual clothes at mass market prices and then, when children came along, of producing special things for them to wear.
Once they reached their teens, we all got hooked on cross stitch and machine embroidery, but they pronounced hand made clothes "naff" so the needles, hooks and knitting machine were left to gather dust. However they still enjoyed coming to craft shows with me, where my younger daughter fell in love with rubberstamping and I did with both stamping and encaustic painting. Between us we started two new hobbies, to which I added glass painting when I turned up for an "Introduction to Stamping" class on the wrong night and was invited to stay.
Now I'm addicted to papercrafts of all kinds but especially stamping, and my stash is threatening to take over the house. The needles and hooks are still gathering dust: the knitting machine was rehomed some years ago."
What a fun bio, Jane. I remember the origami in the Rupert annuals too!
Our theme for April is:
This means that we're all about sledges, sleds and sleighs for the whole of April. Here's what Jane made for the challenge - don't you just love that colour combo!
You can find all the details on her blog.
I went with a bunny on a sledge, and you can find the details of how I made my card here.
- Like and/or follow this blog either via Blogger or Bloglovin, or Email.
- Add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery or blog to the Linky tool.
- Please mention and link back to this post/blog to let people know about this fun challenge!
- I'd appreciate cards made especially for this challenge, but I understand that we all love challenges and the additional traffic they bring, so please link a card that fits NO MORE THAN 8 CHALLENGES.
- New Challenges will commence on the first Tuesday of each new month.
- Please enter a max of 3 cards per challenge.
- Preferably no back linking to older projects, please.
- Please remember to reference a fellow crafter's creations if your card has been inspired by their work.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Great inspiration, and another fun challenge!
Hmmmm, not sure how many sleds,sleighs or skis are in the stash but I'll have a look. Fab cards ladies and yes, a very fun bio Jane. Hugz
Oh what a fun challenge!! Good time to use my sleigh die!
Ohh fun challenge I have just added my card, hugs Blankina
Post a Comment